THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE TEACHER’S PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCE IN THE PROCESS OF IMPROVING QUALIFICATIONS
The article is devoted to one of the urgent problems in the process of professional development of the teacher’s professional competence. The integration of innovative technologies in the process of professional development for the development of the teacher’s professional competence is highlighted as an important factor in improving the quality of education and forming a modern educational environment. Models of the development of professional competence of teachers in the process of professional development are highlighted, which takes into account the importance of professional training, practical experience and reflection for the development of professional competence of teachers, although different approaches to the organization of the learning process and selfimprovement are offered. It was determined that regular professional development allows teachers to update their knowledge, skills and understanding of educational processes. The forms and methods of teacher training, which include different approaches and contribute to the acquisition of new knowledge, skills and experience, are highlighted. It was found that the effectiveness of various forms of teacher training depends on a number of factors, in particular, the creation of a favorable environment, the integration of innovative technologies, and the provision of constant support and motivation. It was established that the support and motivation of teachers in the process of professional development are important aspects, namely: providing regular feedback and recognizing the achievements of teachers during the process of professional development; creation of a community of teachers, which promotes the exchange of knowledge, practical experience and mutual support; development of motivational programs, including material and nonmaterial incentives for participants in the process of professional development; provision of psychological support and counseling for teachers who face stress and difficulties in the learning process; supporting the development of teachers’ careers by providing opportunities for professional growth and increased responsibility. It was determined that taking into account these aspects will contribute to the creation of an effective system of professional development for teachers, which will help them adapt to the modern requirements of the educational process and develop their professional competence.
2. Anderson L. Evaluating the effectiveness of different professional development approaches. Teacher Education Review, 2018. Vyp. 8 (1). P. 22–36.
3. Baker D. Innovative approaches to teacher professional development. Journal of Educational Innovation, 2019. Vyp. 3 (2). P. 77–90.
4. Clark M. The impact of professional development on teacher growth. Educational Research and Reviews, 2016. Vyp. 7 (1). P. 19–28.
5. Davis J. Defining professional competence in teaching. Journal of Teacher Education and Professional Development, 2019. Vyp. 10 (1). P. 3–12.
6. Fisher C. Identifying key success factors in teacher professional development. Journal of Educational Research and Practice, 2017. Vyp. 9 (4). P. 28–42.
7. Harris S. Structure and components of teacher professional competence. Journal of Teacher Education, 2018. Vyp. 9 (3). P. 56–69.
8. Jackson R. Continuous support and motivation in teacher professional development. Journal of Motivation and Education, Vyp. 11 (4). P. 49–64.
9. Lee J. Components of teacher professional competence. Journal of Teacher Education and Professional Development, 2020. Vyp. 11 (1). P. 28–41.
10. Martinez L. Understanding the concept of professional competence. Educational Research and Reviews,2017. Vyp. 6 (2). P. 13–25.
11. Turner J. Establishing a supportive environment for teacher professional growth. Journal of Professional Development and Education, 2016. Vyp. 7 (2). P. 38–51.
12. Wilson E. Teacher professional development: forms and methods. Journal of Continuing Education and Professional Development, 2017. Vyp. 4 (1). P. 13–27.
13. Yilmaz K. The integration of innovative technologies in teacher professional development programs. Journal of Technology and Education, 2018. Vyp. 12 (3). P. 49–62.